One of the best values at Disney World is the first haircut experience at Harmony Barber Shop. Located on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, this small, old-timey barber shop is the perfect pixie dust add-on for little (and big) Mouseketeers!
Our daughter, Ruby, got her first haircut here on Thanksgiving Day 2016. We wanted to do something special for her first trip, but she was just a little too young for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique experience. Our travel agent, Jessica, suggested that we book a haircut instead – and we are so glad she did!
For an extremely reasonable price, Ruby got not only her first haircut, but also embroidered “First Haircut” mouse ears, a certificate, and the clippings from her cut. Her state-licensed cosmetologist really took her time and made her feel comfortable before starting the cut. I love that they have spinning light up toys available to keep little hands busy while they work!
You can also schedule a regular haircut there for children and adults!
- The barber shop is located to the left of Main Street, kind of tucked back by the Fire Station. Keep an eye out for the traditional barber pole!
- First Haircuts are $25. Children’s haircuts are $18 and adults are $19.
- They don’t shampoo the hair, but may wet it. They will also add a fabulous touch of pixie dust at the end! Our cast member also styled my daughter’s hair into two cute pigtails for her!
- To schedule an appointment, call (407) WDW-PLAY. I highly suggest making an appointment, although they can sometimes accommodate walk-ins! You can schedule your appointment as early as 180 days out!
- There is a $10 cancellation fee, so make sure you plan to keep your appointment before scheduling!
- If you’re not due for a cut, but want the pixie dust, just stop in! When a cast member is available, they’ll sprinkle your hair with pixie dust as a courtesy.
- If you have an early morning reservation, make sure to allow yourself plenty of time to get through the morning “rush” at the gates. We cut it pretty close (pun not intended, but it’s staying!) and it made for a stressful entrance into the parks!